Sunday, November 20, 2005

Balance

One of my favourite things to bitch about, since we moved over to Ireland from SA, is the weather. Seriously, Irish weather on the whole sucks. Big time. But I must say, on days like today - even though it can be reasonably chilly - when the sun shines and the sky is clear and not a breath of wind stirs it can be one of the most beautiful places to be. I'm pretty much convinced that days like today are given to us just to make up for the crappy excuse for weather that normally envelopes the place... which leaves me wondering:
What exactly are we in for this Winter that deserves a day as stunning as today (and yesterday) to make up for it?
'Tis a question I think I will refrain from pondering too much, preferring instead to enjoy today and any other good days which may be sent our way, and deal with whatever follows when the time comes.

I took this photo earlier - just after 3pm, I think - on my way to do the weekly grocery shopping. This is why I never leave home without the digital camera.

But life is all about balance, isn't it?

For example, the stunning weekend we've had will no doubt be balanced out by an equally cold, rainy, windy and miserable one at some point (probably sooner rather than later if I've learned anything during my 4 years here).

And to balance out the peace and tranquility of the moment spent taking this photo, I then almost fell on my ass getting back to the car when I stepped on some particularly slippery mud in the grass because I wasn't paying attention. Very graceful!

Yep, it's all about balance, hehe.

11 comments:

anne said...

Beautiful.
One thing though. What do you mean, "reasonably chilly"? I'm freezing my butt off in Paris, and you get reasonably chilly in Dublin??? Life might be all about balance, but it's also unfair. Very unfair. Hmpf.

Terri said...

Anne... Chill out! :-D
When I say it's "reasonably chilly" it's probably around 5 degrees outside. And dropping. Tragically, it appears I have acclimatised. Also, I have two words for you: central heating.

Framesby 86 said...

Beautiful picture Terri. Reminds me of Redhouse here. We are going into summer now and yesterday it was 32 degrees celcius inside our house. Planned to swim and tan in the afternoon, but the wind blasted us back inside again. Balance??? yeah right, unfair - definately!!!

Terri said...

Thank you Buddess... I'm glad you added that bit about the wind cos I was about to curse you and your 32 degrees celcius..! hmf!

Linda said...

Nice pic Terri! LOL at your reasonably chilly around 5 degrees. I was just griping about the 32 reasonably chilly we had here the other night. I will trade you one warm 86 degree day for a rainy day. I am craving a rainy afternoon curled up on the couch watching movies with no distractions and kids yellin MOM!!

DelBoy said...

You'd better save some of the good weather for us for next week Cuz!!

And Anne, could you please make sure we have nice weather in Paris this weekend? I don't want to get soaked while watching the rugby!

;-)

Terri said...

Beaddinggalinms - It's a deal! Only... in fairness, the 5 degrees is celcius, not farenheit thank goodness :-)

Del, I will do my best, although you might be pushing your luck asking for good weather for both Paris and Dublin, dontcha think?

L said...

Beautiful picture Terri. Here in Florida we are always bitchin about the weather LOL.

Framesby 86 said...

Saved by the wind!!! hahahahhaha

I'm with Delboy. Praying for good weather in Paris this weekend because the Bokke is going to play some rugby there!!

Terri said...

Lori - for different reasons I'm guessing?
Buddess - We'll all have to put in our orders for Paris this weekend then. Bright sunshine and balmy temperatures. What are the chances.

Bosbefok said...

Never mind the weather....as long as were together ....Tralalalala ! As for the rugby, this is the first game I am a bit nervous for... The damn Frogs have a habit of turning it up at the last minute. Never underestimate them !!