Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I wanted to post a deep and meaningful gathering of thoughts today but guess what? I don't appear to have had any recently.
Have I stopped thinking?
Or have I stopped looking at the world around me and having opinions on it?
Or has the world stopped doing stuff?
Or perhaps it is simply a case of my world having shrunk.
My head is filled with thoughts of my rather successful shopping expedition on Sunday, some paperwork I need to complete, the books I ordered on Amazon this morning that I need to study to get my certification, and how much traffic I will have to contend with on my way home this evening. Also, how I need to book an appointment for an eye test to see if I need new specs which would explain why I keep getting headaches (either that or it's as I always suspected and it's actually an allergy to, you know, working). Oh and I mustn't forget I also need a haircut - but is it long enough yet for me to have it done the way I want, and should I wait until nearer our trip to Paris so it still looks really good for that?

So perhaps I should clarify: Thoughts I have a-plenty. But deep and insightful they are not.
I believe they're of the "Mental Clutter" variety, energy-sapping and trifling.
How easy it is to get bogged down in the minor details of life while the stuff that amuses and entertains passes us by, unnoticed.
Now that I have drawn my attention to it, let's see if I can come up with something interesting to say by the end of the week, shall we?

9 comments:

laurie said...

ah, terri, how well i identify with this post.
give yourself a break. recharge your batteries. enjoy spring. you're interesting every time you write. don't sweat it.

you'll find your groove again.

Anonymous said...

"Meaningful" doesn't always translate into "interesting". Come to think of it, it seldom does.

DelBoy said...

I know exactly what you mean Cuz. After two 80 hour weeks at work, I didn't even have the energy to post a photo last Friday.

AngelConradie said...

deep and meaningful- maybe not, true to life- definitely!

Terri said...

Laurie - Aw thanks, that's really nice of you! :-)

Kyknoord - Is that why blondes have more fun?

Delboy - I noticed. No pressure or anything ;)

Angel - Ah, so one out of two then - not a bad hit-ratio.

Linda said...

I hate mental clutter. My head gets soo full sometimes I feel like it is going to explode. Time to kick back, prop your feet up and indulge in some rich chocolate dessert and free your mind. :)
Matter fact think I will do that today.

Terri said...

Beads, you have the right idea there. I just noticed I didn't give this post a name... D'you think that's a sign of pre-head-explosion?

LiVEwiRe said...

I think we have to acknowlwdge the mental clutter and get it out of the way so we can enjoy the other things life has to offer. Now, as far as the headaches. I never thought of it as an allergy to work but you may be on to something here!

Terri said...

LiVeWirE - welcome back to the land of the living. Feel free to take my allergy idea and run with it :)